Friday, November 30, 2012

'tis the season

Don't know about y'all, but I am totally loving the Christmas season this year!  Maybe it's because we moved to a place that actually expects snow this time of year, or maybe it's because I actually have Christmas cards to send out on time, or maybe it's that my child might finally be able to grasp some of what Christmas is actually about.  Either way, I'm loving every minute! Here are some fun photos of us drinking it in thus far!





I was also inspired by Raechel's blog post about some family advent activities to plan this December.  I didn't use all of hers, but a few of the highlights of ours will be:

1. Baking Christmas cookies together
2. Bringing dinner to a family in need
3. Checking out the Plaza lights and Union Station
4. Driving around looking at lights in pajamas with warm drinks in hand (my personal fave!)
5. Ringing the Salvation Army Bell
6. Talking through the Nativity together as a family-Henry even has his own!
7. Go to our church's Christmas program

Some are fun/silly, and others are more meaningful.  I am looking forward to each moment!

In less Christmas-y happenings, here are my thoughts on the nursery for baby girl!

Color scheme:
I pinned this photo not for it's decor, but more for my ideas on color. There will be lots!
Here are some furniture pieces that will be in the nursery:
Crib!
Dresser/Changing table! (Not this one, but similar)
Artwork ideas!
from this Etsy shop

So far it probably seems very random and maybe even weird, but trust me, it will come together!  

Thanks for checking in on the Smitty's! Love to you all this season!







post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment